We enforce the dress code guidelines to help keep an orderly school environment focused on learning. Students who come to school with clothing that violates school policy are asked to change into clean clothing that we keep at the school or to call a parent for a change of clothing. The school has partnered with Flynn and O’Hara (www.flynnohara.com) /1608 Furnace Branch Rd. Glen Burnie, MD), as a uniform distribution company that you may choose to use.
You may also use any other company of your liking but the uniform must meet the minimal standard in our uniform policy noted below:
Monarch Global Academy Laurel Dress Code
On a regular school day, all students are required to wear the basic uniform, which includes:
- Pants: Khaki or navy colored pants, short, skirt, or skorts (no denim or navy blue). Pants must be a uniform style (no cargo or “skinny” pants)
- Dresses: One piece dresses or jumpers in either khaki or navy blue. Leggings in white, beige, navy, black, or brown may be worn underneath. Shorts, skirts, and skirt slits should not be more than 2 inches above the knee.
- Shirts: Polo shirt (short and long sleeve) navy blue (preferred), white, or light blue (no designs other than Monarch Global Academy Laurel logo will be allowed) Long sleeve turtle neck or crew neck shirts in navy blue (preferred), white, or light blue Navy blue (preferred), white or light blue oxford shirts
- Ties are optional
- Footwear: Socks in colors of white, beige, navy, black, or brown Tights in colors of white, beige, navy, black or brown Close toed shoes – any color or style but must fit the following description:
- Canvas, leather, or synthetic leather uppers
- Soft-soled rubber bottoms
- Lace up, closed by Velcro, or elastic pulls
- Boots may be worn but must be covered by the pant leg – (do not tuck pants inside boots)
Shoes MAY NOT light up or have wheels. Shoes may be low-tops or high-tops; but not higher than the ankle.In addition to our basic uniform, the following may be worn inside:
- Sweaters & Sweatshirts: With or without a hood, navy blue (no designs other than Monarch Academy designs will be allowed)
- Layers: In the colder months, student may layer shirt items but all items must be either navy blue (preferred), white, or light blue
The garments below are NOT considered part of our school uniform, and are not to be worn in the classroom without permission:
- Logo sweatshirts
- Jeans or leggings worn to school as part of the uniform
- T-shirts (except the Wingspan t-shirt)
- Cargo pants with side pockets
- Sweat pants
- Skinny jeans
- Flip flops, open toed sandals, high heel shoes, or any shoe that lights up or has wheels.
During winter months, snow boots may be worn to school but the uniform pant must be worn over-top – do not tuck pants inside.
We expect students to attend school wearing clothing that is clean, neat, and appropriate for a serious learning environment.
Additionally, students must remove sunglasses, excessive jewelry, coats, hats, caps, knit hats, bandannas, and outdoor headgear (such as wool headbands) before entering the school building. Headgear may be confiscated if worn repeatedly in the building and held in the office for a parent to pick up. We believe strongly that students, just like adults, need a balance of both physical and mental activity, and to spend time in outside environments. Students will spend time in outdoor activities throughout the year, unless it is raining or there are extreme temperatures. Please provide your child with climate appropriate apparel and sunscreen as needed. Snow pants, boots, gloves, hats, and scarves may be kept at school during the winter months.