The Monarch Academy Anne Arundel Board governs all of the Monarch Academies in Anne Arundel County. This governance includes the evaluation of the Contract Operator, the approval of the budget, and all decisions that impact the great Monarch Academies.
Monarch Academy Anne Arundel Board Members:
- Sissy Jimenez, Chairperson
- Carley K. Czyzewski
- Jess Deinlein, Laurel*
- Shae Delfino, Glen Burnie*
- Eric DeVito
- Janine Fratantuono
- Kandace Hoppin
- Elizabeth Noble, Annapolis*
- Derek Matthews
- Megan Philbeck
- Ray Szyperski
- Loise Taliaferro
- *Parent Representative
The Monarch Academy Anne Arundel Board 2nd Wednesday every other month from 6 – 8 p.m.
December 9, 2020
February 10, 2021
April 14, 2021
June 9, 2021
Minutes From Past Meetings
Monarch Board Minutes August 12, 2020
Monarch Board Minutes June 10, 2020
Monarch Board Minutes April 15, 2020
Monarch Board Minutes February 12, 2020
Monarch Board Minutes December 11, 2019
Monarch Board Minutes September 12, 2019
Monarch Board Minutes June 12, 2019
Monarch Board MinutesApril 10, 2019
Monarch Board Minutes February 13, 2019
Communications with the Board
- Board members may be contacted by e-mailing boardAA@monarchacademy.org
- General questions about Board operations should be directed to boardAA@monarchacademy.org or 410.444.3804 x1118
Communications with Board Members or the Board Office by phone, mail, fax, and/or e-mail are part of the public domain and may be subject to disclosure under the Maryland Public Information Act.
Due to the current Public Emergency Crisis all board meetings will be held virtually until further notice. Should you wish to attend the meeting you may e-mail boardAA@monarchacademy.org by 2 p.m. the day of the board meeting. Those who email to sign up to attend will receive the link and passcode.
Speaking at Board Meetings
Public Comment is taken by the Board at all regularly scheduled meetings. Those wishing to offer comment before the Board can sign up to 2p.m. the day of the board meeting by e-mailing boardAA@monarchacademy.org. Those who email to sign up to speak at the meeting will receive the link and passcode.
Please note the following when signing up to testify at a Board Meeting:
- Testimony on agenda items will be taken when those items are before the Board. Testimony on items not on the agenda will be taken during the Public Comment portion of the meeting.
- To assist the Board, speakers during the Public Comment portion will be grouped by topic.
- Those who sign up and are not present when their name is called will forfeit their opportunity to speak.
- Regardless of whether the testimony is offered on an agenda item or during Public Comment, student-specific concerns and personnel issues cannot be discussed before the Board.
- Public Comment is limited to up to ten individuals/groups with a maximum comment time of three minutes and remaining time cannot be yielded to other individuals/groups.