Soar at Monarch
Monarch Academy public contract and charter schools are tuition-free public charter and contract schools in Annapolis, Glen Burnie and Laurel, Maryland. Each school aims to educate students to be self-motivated, creative, critical thinkers and life-long learners who are productive contributors to the global community in the 21st century. At Monarch Academy, children are encouraged to think critically; question; reflect; and participate in a rigorous, highly interactive instructional program that integrates arts and technology across the curriculum.
Apply to Attend!
The 2021-22 AACPS Lottery is open October 12, 2020 to noon on November 24, 2020.
Monarch Academy Annapolis is an International Baccalaureate® (IB) Primary Years Programme school serving Pre-K through 5th grade in the Annapolis area with a full-year permanent eSchool blended learning option. The school honors each child’s uniqueness through a safe, nurturing, and creative environment.
2000 Capital Drive • Annapolis, MD 21401
Monarch Academy Glen Burnie serves kindergarten through 8th grade throughout Anne Arundel County; utilizing Expeditionary Learning, a school model that supports students’ achievement and engagement through active learning. Students learn by being given opportunities to apply their skills and develop their own unique personalities.
6730 Baymeadow Drive • Glen Burnie, MD 21060
Monarch Global Academy Laurel is an International Baccalaureate® (IB) Primary Years Programme school serving students in kindergarten through 8th grade living in Brock Bridge, Maryland City, and Jessup Elementary Schools attendance boundaries. Students gain a perspective by engaging in units of inquiry and in-depth studies.
430 Brock Bridge Road • Laurel, MD 20724
Monarch Academy schools provide a Transformation Education approach supporting the whole child with an engaging curriculum, strong school culture, and innovative learning environment for students in Anne Arundel County.
The Benefits of a Monarch Education
- Rigorous project-based instruction
- Integration of the arts into the curriculum
- Technology-infused curriculum
- Brain-based learning
- A culture of respect emphasizing character and integrity
- Cooperative learning and team building
- State-of-the-art facilities and outdoor activity areas
- Creative learning environments
- School choice for parents
- Active parent and family involvement
- Engaged in community partnerships
- Bus service provided
- Before and after school care available
- Before and after school clubs
- Full acceptance of all students regardless of standardized testing
We’re Proud to be an Affiliate of The Children’s Guild Alliance